“Anything I needed they were able to get me in a hurry — they were constantly checking. I heard from them before Harvey saying we’ll be praying for you, things like that. Again, that’s where relationship goes a long way and you get that with EMERGICON.”
EMS Director, Port Aransas
Adding Value Way Beyond More Money in the Door
Beyond our core billing and collections services, EMERGICON provides a host of value-added services to help our clients continually improve their ambulance billing programs and better serve their communities.
We are happy to help.
As your EMS billing partner, we are happy to help with the following – at no additional charge.
- Facilitating Attorney Requests for Medical Records. We take the pressure off your department by working directly with attorneys and/or citizens needing access to medical records. Just have them give us a call and we’ll take care of it.
- Medicare & Medicaid Revalidations / Renewals. Our credentialing team keeps up with critical filing dates and can step in to manage renewals and validations should you need assistance. In fact, we handle the renewal process for a majority of our clients. For new providers, we can help with initial Medicare/Medicaid payor set-up.
- Annual Compliance Training. In collaboration with Port Aransas EMS, we offer our annual “Education by the Sea” training, which provides documentation training and 8-hours continuing education credits. EMERGICON clients receive two free seats to our training and the Port Aransas EMS Conference.
- Documentation Audit & Training. Throughout the year, our Compliance team reviews your runs and provides real hands-on training that helps your team correct documentation-related mistakes so that you can get money in the door faster. If you feel your department is really struggling, we’ll work with your team quarterly – even monthly – to help make your EMS billing practices the best they can be.
- Fee Schedule Evaluations. Every agency can set its own fees for services – but are your fees where they need to be? We offer a regional comparison so you’ll know what similar-sized or located agencies are charging. We also understand payors and can weigh in on what commercial insurance and your patient mix can bear with regards to fees.
- Robust Analytics. Beyond standard revenue, receivables, and balance sheets, we provide easy access to data that dials into the heart of your EMS billing health. From activity details in differing charge zones and geographies to the impact of changing demographics, you’ll enjoy critical insight into how your department is really doing so that you can optimize your operations now while better planning for the future.
- City Council & ESD Board Presentations. If your agency is slated to present to your local city council or emergency services district board, we’re happy to conduct analysis, prepare presentations, and even join you to present your status, analytics, or recommendations.
If you'd like to learn more we'd be happy to chat.
We love talking about Texas trends for fee schedules, common documentation mistakes, and how our Texas Touch can help your community better fund its EMS services. Contact us today!