The Pre-Billing Specialist is responsible for ensuring accurate patient demographic and insurance information is reported in each claim.
The Pre-Billing Specialist reports directly to the appropriate Billing Manager and works collaboratively with other Emergicon personnel in all departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Request hospital face sheet/demographics if applicable to obtain payer/demographic information
- Verify payer information and select/add appropriate payer information on all transports
- Check appropriate insurance web-sites and/or contact the patient on all private pay accounts prior to billing
- Review PCR or face sheets for missing insurance and other pertinent information in relation to billing
- Work and resolve any claim for which a denial was received
- Follow up on rejected claims
- Work returned mail
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School diploma required
- One year data entry skills preferred
- Computer literate and enjoys working in search programs to find information
- Problem solving mindset
- Insurance verification knowledge
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Professional phone skills
- Maintain any certification applicable to job functions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize their importance
The competence of the employee in performing his/her job duties is evaluated during the introductory period to his/her position and will be demonstrated, maintained and improved on an ongoing basis. The statements contained in the position reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com