The Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for taking a leadership role in the financial performance of the organization. The CFO will provide strategic financial leadership as a member of the Leadership Team, oversee the accounting process, interact with clients regarding financial results or questions, perform detailed financial analysis and oversee functions of provider reimbursement relative to money flow.
This position requires confidence, independent action, initiative, a sense of urgency, and the ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them. A well-suited candidate will be one with experience in healthcare revenue cycle management, operational finance, accounting and in provider reimbursement from a multi-agency revenue cycle management firm.
REPORTS TO / SUPERVISES
This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer. This position must work collaboratively with other management and supervise accounting and provider enrollment staff.
- Serves as a member of the Leadership Team.
- Involved in quarterly EOS focus days and weekly Leadership Level 10 meetings.
- Oversees relevant scorecard reporting (Cash Goals, Earned Income)
- Supervises staff and is responsible for finance and accounting.
- Oversees preparation of weekly reporting, month end close and rolling twelve-month financial forecasting.
- Responds to client’s questions regarding financial reporting
- Audits reimbursement and money flow
- Collaborates with outside tax accountant and related parties.
- Oversees vendor management relative to financial operations.
- Supervises provider reimbursement and money flow.
- Leads initiatives to resolve problematic trends and resolve difficult reimbursement issues as needed.
- Develops strategies to identify root cause surrounding reimbursement issues and creates processes to address those issues and potential improvements.
- Oversees client (provider) money flow as to ideal process, new provider enrollment and ongoing reconciliation and reporting.
- Manages staff involved in provider reimbursement flow of funds.
- Manages vendors relative to submission of claims and corresponding payments.
- Works collaboratively with operational management.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in the Entrepreneurial Operating System or similar management operating system preferred.
- Experience with Predictive Index, Culture Index or Kolbe personality assessments.
- Experience in leading and facilitating effective teams.
- Experience in supporting multiple initiatives and balancing priorities.
- Revenue cycle management experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior organization and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Strong project management and critical thinking/analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
The competence of the employee in performing his/her job duties is evaluated during the introductory period to his/her position and will be demonstrated, maintained and improved on an ongoing basis. The statements contained in the position reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Emergicon is Texas largest and growing provider ambulance billing services to EMS providers in the State of Texas. Emergicon’s CORE VALUES include accountability, customer service, collaborative attitude and positive outlook. Our goal is to provide the very best in ambulance billing services to our growing client base. The Vice President of Finance will office in our Forney, Texas offices.