The Patient Accounts Manager will oversee the department in compliance with the philosophy, policies, procedures, goals, and budget of the department and will perform credit and collection functions.
The Patient Accounts Manager is also responsible for the department’s adherence with patient confidentiality guidelines and other professional, state and federal regulations.
The Patient Accounts Manager reports directly to the Operations Leader and supervises the Patient Accounts Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform the job successfully, strong attention to detail is a requisite; an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of knowledge, skill, attitude, and ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures the success and continued improvement of Emergicon’s patient interactions, to include statement processing and patient phone calls.
- Effectively manage the workflow for Patient Accounts Team and yourself.
- Stay current with insurance payer regulations.
- Investigates and approves patient refunds.
- Continuously evaluates and improves automated mailing services and overall invoicing methodology.
- Trains, evaluates, and monitors job performance of department staff; Continuously improves the team’s call script.
- Manages scheduling for the Patient Accounts team.
- Assists team with various functions required to monitor and collect delinquent patient accounts and respond to patient disputes.
- Reviews collections files prior to sending to 3rd party collection agencies.
- Reviews and approves bad debt write offs.
- Drives patient satisfaction and periodically investigates complaints.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must have experience managing a team of Collectors.
- In depth knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Ability to read and understand Explanation of Benefits (EOBs).
- Effective communication skills, leadership skills, analytical skills, organizational skills, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of state and federal healthcare collection laws.
- Ability to motivate staff and maintain a high level of morale within the department.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to diffuse upset patients.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org